.......... To start posting! I really have no excuse for slacking, other then I'm just plain lazy! There have been many events to blog about, but they just never make it on to my blog. So here they are! And once again I have overdone it with pictures. I have yet see anyone beat on my ability to upload way too many photos in one post! May I always hold the 'Over Doing It' title! I've thought of doing a slide show as I've seen many others do, but how much more annoying is this? :)
Table of contents: (Just to make it a little easier)
Markers
Put Up Your Feet
Toys, Toys & More Toys
Easter (yes EASTER I'm that far behind!)
Is This Dangerous?
Softball
Bath Time Trouble
Stuck Or Just Comfortable?
Photographer In Training
Photo Session
Markers

Are markers really a great invention?? Not sure how much I'm loving kids craft supplies. Body artwork seems to be a must in my house. It's more like a part of my children's wardrobe then clothes themselves! I just hope that extensive exposure to ink over long periods of time has proven harmless to children!
Put Up Your Feet
We arrived home form who knows where and when I went to grab Kayla out of her seat this is how she had fallen asleep! Luck for me, my camera just happen to be in the car so I captured the moment. Wish I could just put my feet up and any moment in time and catch a much needed nap!
Toys, Toys & More Toys
I thought I'd just throw this photo in there to prove to my children in later years that they really did have way too many toys! Think is time for a trip to the DI?
Easter
Easter was a bit of a bust for us, with the stress of life, the Easter Bunny didn't quite find his way to our house this year. I unfortunately did not commemorate the day with many photos; however, the worlds greatest mother-in-law did! So if you're not bored of seeing photos of my adorable children, you can go
here to see a few photos taken in the spirit of Easter. They were however the day before in which I had to work. So I missed out on all the fun :( but I know my girls really enjoyed it. Easter Sunday also happen to be my Dads birthday this year, so we drove out to my home town to attend sacrament meeting with my family, and then spent a good part of the day in good ol' New Castle! Here is the one and only photo I took. Kylie thought it was a cleaver idea to drag her Uncle Weston around the house like a dog! I couldn't agree more!
Is This Dangerous?
This so called plastic bag came with my daughters crib bedding set and has since found a home housing my children's many stuff animals. But on this day, they had to make room for Kylie! She came and dragged me away to help her zip herself inside. Luckily the front does not zip so I didn't have worry about fighting my daughter with wanting to suffocate herself. I just zipped up the sides and let her enjoy childhood. And if you can't already tell, yes my child has red marker all over her face. But unfortunately it is not a childs marker, oh no, it just so happens that it's a PERMANENT red marker all over her face. It stayed on for days longer then I would have hoped for! Like I said earlier, body art is a part of my children's everyday life!
Softball

Mike LOVES softball! I'm ashamed to admit that in the SIX years I've watch him play, I have yet to get a photo of him. I decided this year would be different. So here his the man of my dreams! Baseball happens to be Mikes all time favorite sport (in case you haven't figured that out yet), and playing softball is also the best stress reliever for him! Unfortunately his team this year did not make it far in the championship, but he has won it before on other teams he's had the opportunity to play for. Maybe next time.


And here are the girls enjoying the life of Daddy playing softball!
Bath Time Trouble
After getting Kayla out of the tub and all ready for bed, I let Kylie stay in the tub to enjoy her bath time. Well as you can tell, Kayla decided she was not done with her bath time fun, so she jumped back in! I think the picture speaks for itself, so what more can I say?
Stuck Or Just Comfortable?

I walked into my room to find Kylie sitting like this watching her cartoons. She's put her bum down between the bed and my cedar chest. She was just fine with her feet up watching TV. Who'd have thought?
Photographer In Training

Kylie absolutely LOVES taking photos with my camera. I have many shots of her sister, the couch, the bed, the wall, even some close up self portraits! But by far her favorite happens to be the back of her sisters head. Don't entirely understand it, but who really can? I believe three year olds must remain a mystery in order to keep life entertaining!
Photo Session
Here is where the bulk of my photo uploading has taken place. I decided to take my children out for a photo session. I don't think I did too bad, but maybe it's a job best left to the professionals! I was hoping my limited photoshop abilities could really turn my photos into something amazing, but I'm not so sure that's the case. But I did great pictures of my girls! I got the best photos of Kayla; Kylie would NOT give me a smile if I paid her for it! My main goal was to get some good ones of them together for a project I'm working on, but I didn't even come close! The first photo was the best one of the two of them. Let me just say in my defense, I took well over 150 photos, so I'd consider myself generous in only forcing you to look at this small handful.





This was their way of telling me they'd had enough!



Well there you have it, my obsession with my girls! Now onto the update I don't have pictures for, considering anyone is still reading this!
Life in general is going well. Mike got a second job working at the Liahona (a troubled center for teens), so I no longer see him much :( . I'm still working at Roberts, but only because of the fact that I just got dental and we so desperately need it! So we'll be getting our teeth taken care of, then I'll once again be at home! I can't wait! Although I don't have much to complain about, I actually really love my job and I only work Fridays and Saturdays. It's a great place to work but dangerous if you love all things craft!
During the month of May we had a lot going on, two birthdays, Mothers Day, THREE graduations, and two seminary graduations! Sound busy to you??
Mike and I both celebrated our birthdays last month, Mike is now 29 and I am a few years younger :) . Mothers Day was great! We had planned to surprise my family and attend church with them, but when we arrived, Kylie had a bit of an accident while napping, so we ended up at my parents house washing her clothes and car seat. But we were still able to spend the afternoon there and enjoy some family time. We also stopped by my in-laws for dinner.
So three graduations may seem like a lot, but it was well worth it! Mikes little sister Becca graduated from SUU with a Bachelor of Arts/English degree! Congratulations Becca!! (You can go
here to see photos of her graduation). Mike sister Nikki also graduated this year from Snow Canyon High! We so proud of you Nikki, congratulations!! And last but not least, my brother Jared graduated from Canyon View High with HONORS!! I'm so proud of him! He's accomplished things I could only dream of! For those of you who may not know, Jared is a PILOT! Yes you read that right! He earned his pilots licence at age 17! He also has his EMT certification and is now working for the Beryl department (I know, Beryl?? But just imagine the places he'll go)! All this before he even received his high school diploma! That boy is going places, we're so proud of you Jared! Jared and Nikki also graduated from seminary. Unfortunately their time's collided with each other, so we were only able to attend Jareds. Sorry Nikki :( Congratulations to you both!
Last week Kayla had the stomach flu landing her in the emergency room for a few hours! It all started Sunday morning around 4:00. I'd woke up to a crying baby and went in to check on her when it all came up. She started vomiting every 30 to 45 minutes and eventually all that came up was mucus. We kept giving her fluids, but it never stayed down for more than an hour. The poor thing was miserable. She'd hadn't kept ANYTHING down for almost two days and we could tell she was getting very dehydrated and there was nothing we could do. The Nebekers take dehydration very seriously, since Mike actually DIED when he was around Kayla's age from dehydration! Obvious he made it out just fine thanks to the man up stairs and a great medical team. But we weren't about to let Kayla get that far, so once she got to the point where she would no longer even hold her head up, we decided we'd better take her in. We drove down to get her checked out and sure enough, she was defiantly dehydrated. She was so weak and lethargic that when they took a urine sample and put an IV in, all she could do was cry, there was no fighting them off or even pulling her arm away. At first they thought she had a urinary tract infection by the way the sample looked, but as it turned out she was just so dehydrated it was crystallized. She was diagnosed with the stomach flu and a bad ear infection, so they filled her with fluids, antibiotics and some nausea medication. We went home and continued to have two more days of vomiting, luckily not as sever. She's now recovered and back to her old happy self! Only now, I think the rest of us may be getting a little sick. Kylie and I both had a nauseous moments yesterday. But we're doing much better today, so hopefully that's the end of it!
Kylie is out of school for the summer. Not really sure I like it. We only have one car and Mike takes it during the week for work so that leaves me and the girls at home for DAYS! School actually got Kylie out of the house, now she's bored out of her mind and I don't blame her. If only she didn't have the worlds most boring mother!
Alright, I think I'm pretty much caught up now. Hopefully I'll be able to continue to stay on track, but given my past recorded, I highly doubt it. But hey, anything can happen!
6 comments:
The pictures of your girls are adorable! And for future reference--aerosol hairspray removes Sharpie permanent marker like a charm! :)
Glad to see you posted...I wish I could get off the lazy train :) You take some great pics I love them!
You did really good on their pictures I love the ones of Kayla by the fence and of her up close. If you had a car we could get together and cure Kylie of her bordom at the splash pad or something.
You girls are so cute! I love the photo session pictures, they are beautiful....
Oh my, that marker! Lol....and that plastic bag, too hilarious!
Your girls are getting so big!! I love their matching dresses they are so cute!!
Post a Comment