So my girls, Kylie especially, have really had a problem with playing in the water. In fact, a few weeks ago, I walked into the bathroom to find the sink plugged up, spilling over with water ALL OVER the place with a roll of wet toilet paper shredded into the mix and splashed upon every wall and all over Kylie, head to toe! I'm ashamed to admit I did not keep my cool and there is now a hole in the bathroom wall! Yes I did it, shoved the door so hard the door stopper had zero affect on the doorknob going through the wall! Not my proudest moment I assure you. I'm STILL cleaning up tiny bits of toilet paper.
The other day in fact I noticed the house seemed all to quite, and was giving myself a few minutes before I searched for my kids (not wanting to know what they were up to) when Kayla finally came in crying wanting me to kiss her toe better. She was of course wet and FREEZING cold. I assumed they were playing in my bath tub again (which, by the way, now has decorative rocks shoved down the drain thanks to a prior incident). However, when I walked in there, Kylie was nowhere to be found, and it appeared that it was not the area Kayla had soaked herself. There are only two other areas where such a thing could take place, and neither of them showed signs of disobedient children. Yet Kylie was still missing, so I continued my search, than I realized I had forgotten to shut the garage door earlier, and sure enough, there she was, outside in the cold with the hose running! Yep she'd gone to the side of the house, turned on the water, and was currently watering the neighbors plants! They got into trouble, and I thought for sure they'd both get sick, especially Kayla, the child not wearing any shoes! Luckily she only has the snotty nose she's had since last week.
So on to the point of this post. Yesterday, Kylie was playing in the water yet again, and she got in trouble, TWICE! Today, Daddy caught her playing in the water, he however did not know I had threatened Kylie the night before that if she played in the water without my permission, (she also LOVES to brush her teeth and wash her hands, which have led to a lot of wasted toothpaste and soap), she'd have to sit in the corner. Apparently she's not the brightest fish either. After Daddy got after her, she came crying to me saying Daddy was mad at her, when I asked her why she confessed to playing in the water. I than sent her to the corner and well................ completely forgot about her!
The other day in fact I noticed the house seemed all to quite, and was giving myself a few minutes before I searched for my kids (not wanting to know what they were up to) when Kayla finally came in crying wanting me to kiss her toe better. She was of course wet and FREEZING cold. I assumed they were playing in my bath tub again (which, by the way, now has decorative rocks shoved down the drain thanks to a prior incident). However, when I walked in there, Kylie was nowhere to be found, and it appeared that it was not the area Kayla had soaked herself. There are only two other areas where such a thing could take place, and neither of them showed signs of disobedient children. Yet Kylie was still missing, so I continued my search, than I realized I had forgotten to shut the garage door earlier, and sure enough, there she was, outside in the cold with the hose running! Yep she'd gone to the side of the house, turned on the water, and was currently watering the neighbors plants! They got into trouble, and I thought for sure they'd both get sick, especially Kayla, the child not wearing any shoes! Luckily she only has the snotty nose she's had since last week.
So on to the point of this post. Yesterday, Kylie was playing in the water yet again, and she got in trouble, TWICE! Today, Daddy caught her playing in the water, he however did not know I had threatened Kylie the night before that if she played in the water without my permission, (she also LOVES to brush her teeth and wash her hands, which have led to a lot of wasted toothpaste and soap), she'd have to sit in the corner. Apparently she's not the brightest fish either. After Daddy got after her, she came crying to me saying Daddy was mad at her, when I asked her why she confessed to playing in the water. I than sent her to the corner and well................ completely forgot about her!
****WAIT!**** One more water story! The other day I walked in my room just in time to see Kylie with a bowl of water headed for one my fake plants! Luckily this was her first bowl and I had grabbed it just before she'd dumped it into the basket containing nothing in need of a refreshing drink. I actually had to smile at this one since she proceeded to tell me we had to water it so it would grow bigger and be pretty. We than had the discussion about fake plants and real plants; hopefully she'll remember it and not try to give my fake plants a refreshing drink!
3 comments:
Don't worry. I put my students in the hall all.the.time. and forget about them.
I've forgotten about my kids in timeout too :) And I'm glad that mine aren't the only ones playing in the water. It's like they are drawn to it!
lol...i LOVE it! My kids are all water HOGS too! Brock use to be SUPER bad, but now its just my girls and Izzy is ALWAYS in the toilet! I totally need to get a lock for that thing it is so gross! lol
Post a Comment