Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kayla Turns THREE!





Once again another year has gone by and my little girl is now THREE!  Hopefully her birthday was a memorable one and enjoyable at that.  Kayla's birthday was actually earlier that week, but we waited until the weekend to celebrate with friends and family which consisted of all four grandparents, uncles:  Jeremy, Weston, Daniel, Devon, Scott and Tyler; aunts:  Kelly, Alise, Becca and Nikki; cousins Tanner and Hanna and Friends: The Bryan's and their boy Tanner.  We again went to the 'dizzy park' to enjoy cake, ice cream and pizza.  As I was trying to get some good photos of Kayla and her cake, she would not give me a smile no matter how hard I tried (hence the 'not so happy' face).  Pretty sure she must have been on the hungry side, because after eating, she was all smiles. 

She was spoiled with new clothes, movies, games, and many things Tinkerbell.  Like always, I made her cake.  I was a little stumped on what to make her this year, so we went with a candy cake since the girl has a sweet tooth like her mother.  The first layer is wrapped in airheads topped with Skittles, and the second layer is wrapped in colored licorice, topped with peanut M&M's.  Unfortunately the airheads don't stand well by themselves (lesson learned), so I tried freezing the cake, which had a negative effect on everything, and when it stared to defrost, all the coloring on the candy melted with it.  But it still look good and did not effect the taste one bit!  Not to mention I spelled 'birthday' wrong.  I thought it didn't look right after I wrote it, but didn't take the time to figure out why.  Then my brother-in-law Tyler was kind enough to point out the 'H' missing.  I quickly fixed it, but not before I took way to many photos of it the wrong way.  Oops.  I must also mention all the really good photos were taken from the same brother-in-law.  Thanks Tyler for letting me have them.  My camera was actually running low on battery so I was so grateful Tyler was there to take some AMAZING shots of my girl! 

Happy Birthday Kayla!

No comments: