Saturday, April 9, 2011
Priceless Moments
Mike's Grandpa Leon was having a few problems and ended up at a rehab center for a while, so we all decided to go over and pay him a little visit. I'm so grateful we did. Little did we know just a few months later he would move on to be with his wife.
These photos are priceless, and I realize a lot of them are the same, but I had to use them all. It was a memorable day and I spent a lot of time listening to his various life stories; from the illness that left him with no stomach, being told he wouldn't live past twenty (he would have been eighty this August), dieing on his mission and being brought back by the power of the priesthood, and a new one I hadn't heard before about him and a missionary companion saying they would one day preach the gospel in China (I hope I'm telling/remembering this right), but how differently it turned out. His missionary companion turned out to be a mission president for China, and due to Leon's health problems he was never able to go, but ironically his son just happen to be one of the first missionaries to go to China. That one was a bit touchy for me. I love stories like that. He also mentioned how when he was a young boy everyone was into all the doomsday stuff and telling you the world was going to end. I found this one humors and a bit ironic. My family is really big on this and have been all my life. Food storage is a HUGE thing in my house. Although I am firm believer in food storage, my reasons tend to differ from that of my families.
There are a lot of times I look at Jayden and think he looks just like his Great Grandpa. I've been told he looks like my brother or Mike, and although there are times I can see them both, most of the time, I see a lot of Leon. I think it's the eyes, very narrow. His facial expressions are all Mike though. I guess you can judge for yourself. However if Jayden turns out to be half the man Leon was, I will consider my job a success!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment