Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Try

Most of the time I consider myself to be the worlds most boring mom! I'm not at all outgoing or even remotely creative. But as I was jumping around from blog to blog, I found this recipe for edible finger paints. It asked for sweetened condensed milk, but all I had was evaporated milk, I think it worked just the same. All I had to do was throw in some food coloring. I figured, 'hey I can do that!' So I did! Kylie absolutely LOVED it! Kayla of course had to have a taste and seemed to enjoy it. I've never been one for good timing though. I ended up having to feed Kayla before she really seemed interested, and before we were done, she was ready for a nap. Kylie however just kept going! Even today she was ready to create a new masterpiece!

5 comments:

lacie tidwell said...

Cute idea! I'm stealing it!

*Aliese* said...

That's definitely a fabulous idea. I remember doing something similar in Kindergarten but it was Karo Syrup. YUM!

April Nielsen said...

I use pudding...any flavor even pistachio for a sweet green color.

Sara Schwartz said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! Your girls did a good job, they are both so cute!

Camille said...

That is such a great idea!!! I bet your kids don't think you're boring!