Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh no you didn't!

So about a month ago, I was on the phone with my mom just chatting away when Kayla decides to play with my hair while I'm sitting on the floor. She gets bored and runs off, than returns and plays with my hair for a few seconds more than runs off to play again. Meanwhile I'm still talking to my mom on the phone, I get up and wander around. I find a strand of hair about 3 inches long in the hallway. At first I think it's Kylie's hair. I had given her a hair cut a week earlier and wondered if I really did a lousy job at cleaning it all up, but that thought was quickly dismissed since I knew for certain I had taken the towel outside. Next thought is that someone has cut Kylie's hair again, but upon closer examination, I determined it was not the right color for Kylie's hair, but in fact, it was a perfect match to MY hair! I frantically go back to the spot where Kayla had been playing with my hair praying I would not find more hair lying on the floor. Indeed I found the scissors used for the crime, but luckily, no more hair on the floor. I breath a small sigh of relief, but to reassure myself, I start wandering around the house to see if I would discover any more strands of hair thrown about. To my relief, I find none. I interrupted my mom in the middle of her conversation, which sadly I had only picked up bits and pieces since discovering the strand of hair, and tell her she'll never guess what Kayla just did! Honestly, I start laughing, not the reaction I expected I assure you! Why would I laugh you ask?? Well not more then a few days before, I read on my cousins blog how her daughter had done the EXACT same thing! I was amazed how she seemed to keep her cool and take a picture of it. I remember thinking if my child ever did this, they would not have been so lucky! They surely would have been so frightened by my rage, they would never attempt such a thing again! But thanks to my cousin, I actually found it humorous! The fact that my mom was phone also probably help. So I'm chuckling thinking it's only this one strand, when my mom asked were she cut it. So I start feeling my hair, currently in a ponytail, when all of a sudden a small clump comes out in my hand! So I put my hands through my hair again, and still, more strands of hair are tangled around my fingers! The finally result...........
For someone with such thin hair, this was a lot more than I had hoped to find! It took me awhile, but I finally found where exactly she had detached my hair. Lucky for me, my hair is super long at the moment, and I honestly do not even notice it even when I'm doing my hair. It's more like she just added another layer. I'm grateful my hair had been in a ponytail, preventing her from cutting a lot closer to the scalp, and ever so grateful she didn't cut the entire ponytail off!

To be completely honest, it's all partly my fault. Like I said, I had cut Kylie's hair earlier that week. They had both been sitting on the floor watching TV, and Kylie's hair had been driving me CRAZY! It was so straggly and uneven, it just didn't look good! I had mentioned to her before about getting her hair cut, and each time she was almost in tears at the fear of getting all of her hair cut off, so I knew taking her to a salon was out of the question. So I decided I would do it myself yet again. Here's the before:

Yeah, really gross I know! And here is the after (taken about a month after the actually cut. The batteries were dead in my camera and it's taken me this long go get it an after pictures):

It looks SO much better now! But my biggest fault was letting little sister see me in the act. I did a great job keeping Kylie from knowing what I was doing, but not so great with Kayla, hence the need to cut my hair!

It took DAYS for me to convince Kylie I had actually cut her hair. After cutting it, I told her I cut her hair, and she would get that fearful look in her eye's, grab her hair and cry, "I don't want to cut my hair, I want it long!" Finally, she realized it had been cut, but it was still long. Her fear had been having no hair at all! Oh to be 4 and so naive. I just love her!

5 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Yeah...I would most certainly NOT be laughing. At all.

Jaimie said...

As I was reading I thought for sure she took enough that you'd have to cut off all your pretty hair. Thank goodness it was just a piece! I would have died! And you did a great job on Kylie's hair!

Mariesa M. said...

That's too funny that she was cutting your hair and you didn't even notice! Oh girls are soo fun, right? :-) Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog so I can add you to my list of blogs to read!

Jamie said...

Yikes, my kids have cut their own hair. Luckily, it's always been fixable.

Portia said...

Tammy this is so cute!! But I would have died if i found my hair in the hallway! you are such a good mommy! and Thank you for the sweet comments on my little guys.