Sunday, May 2, 2010

IRONMAN

So Mike and I volunteered to help out with the IRONMAN this weekend! It was actually really fun and we now have plans to help out next year! We were stationed in Ivins at their fitness fair. When we first arrived we saw Dan Evans tour bus (from the Biggest Loser, he was the orange Mother and Son team). It's actually a little funny, as we walked pass his bus, they were just coming out to walk over to the stage to preform. So they were following us, and we thought about turning around to talk to them, but I had a box of donuts and cookies we were asked to bring to our station, so I didn't think it was the best idea! It would have to wait. So we got to our station and started handing out bananas, power bars and some power gel stuff I've never heard of. Our job was to hold it out for the bikers to grab if they wanted some.

Here's Mike in action! Like I said, we really enjoyed it and hope to do it again next year. We both also got a nice sunburn to go along with the event! Except for my legs of course, why is that???

So afterward we headed into the fair as Dan Evans was playing! It's actually really good! I didn't know he did country. So my type of music! Yes I admit it, I'm country all the way! My in-laws tease me about it constantly! They love pretty much everything EXCEPT country! I think they're totally missing out!

Than we hounded them for a photo! This is Dan and his mom Jackie. They totally loved our orange shirts of course. Don't ask me what I'm looking at because I couldn't tell you.

Remember this guy?? This is Jim from the black team. He's the twin. This guy was so fun! He just loves to talk! Apparently there's a group of Biggest Losers here at the fitness ridge. He told us about his coffee addiction and how when he first arrived he went in search for the coffee and was told there wasn't any at the ridge! He went two days without it and had the worst caffeine headache! Finally he made them tell him where the Starbucks was. He's a cop who works the night shift in New York and is use to about SEVEN cups a day! Wow, no wonder you had a headache!

Here we are with Jim again and the ever famous Eric! Eric, if you remember, won the Biggest Loser, than sadly gained it all back! However, he looks awesome now! Everyone was SO nice and tolerated our desire for a photo. We also saw Seth, another Biggest Loser, and Filipe and Sione, the Tongan cousins. From what I understand, Filipe and Sione actually moved to Southern Utah. We also saw them about year ago at Tuacahn so it's possible.

It was a great day and I must give a shout out to my awesome brother Weston for watching my girls! The poor guy was exhausted after 6+ hours with them! They sure loved having him here though. Kylie CRIED when he left. It was so cute! Just silent tears as he drove away, such a sweet sad face. She just made a new friend and did not want to see him leave. I'm thinking we need to go see my side of the family just a little more often.

2 comments:

lacie tidwell said...

HOW FUN!!!! our friends went up -one of their friends RAN it! CRAZY! and awesome you got to see Biggest Loser people!! I kept scrolling down and was like- oh my gosh no way! no way! how fun!!!!

*Aliese* said...

Awesome! I should have told you to keep your eye out for #125. My friend from high school competed (and did AMAZING actually). What a fun experience!