Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Overload!

As far as Halloween fun, this year has been quite the thriller! So much spooky fun going on! Just to warn you, this is a VERY long post! Everything Halloween rolled into one!

Every year the girls get together in our ward for a 'Witches Tea'. I wasn't able to go last year, so this was my first witch outing!

Here's most of us all dressed up in our witch costumes!

Can't wait till next year when I no longer have a belly, making it difficult to dress up!

After eating way too much yummy food, we headed outside by the fire pit to tell freaky stories. A brother from our ward was also kind enough to dress up and pop over the wall behind us! I was sitting there when all of a sudden, almost all the girls got up screaming and running toward the house! Me being the spacey person I am, was wondering what I missed! I just sat that there with a few other girls wondering what had spooked them so bad they were willing to jump over the fire! I turned to see a man wearing a mask, but by then all I could do was laugh! I'm realizing now we moved to the wrong neighborhood. We have so many fun people in our ward, I wish we lived closer to them! Oh what would it be like to actually have neighbors to interact with?!

Our serious Witchy face!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next party happens to be a couples party! And of course me being me, didn't realize it was a couples party until just a few hours before the shindig began! I was reading the invitation again, making sure of the time, when I realized it! So glad I didn't show up by myself! I begged Mike to go, and called his mom last minute to see if she wouldn't mind coming over to watch the girls. We put our heads together and tried to come up with a costume for him; we just didn't have much time! Sometimes I think my brain is only there to keep my head from caving in! We finally came up with something, although he wasn't a villain like we were suppose to be, it worked. We now know the perfect costume for next year, but I'm not telling, you'll all have to be surprised a year from now!

Here we are as we first arrived, what is Mike you ask?? Well I'll tell you, here's a close up of the card he's wearing around his neck:

John C. Reilly, he's an actor not too many really know, but oh how Mike and him look a like! The top picture really throws me for a loop! I almost wonder if they were separated at birth! A few weeks ago he actually had a boy come up to him and ask him if he was the guy from Step-Brothers! We tried to find a curly wig, but had to do with a hat. John also plays in 'Telladega Nights' and 'For The Love Of The Game' for those of you wondering.

The party was a blast! We played a ton of games from the show 'Minute To Win It'. This one is where I had to stack two golf balls on top of each other. We didn't win, but still had a great time nonetheless!

Here's most of the gang!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up we have the ever famous street party my In-Laws neighborhood does every year. This year it happen to fall on the same night as our ward party, and it was a toss up which one to attend! We finally decided to keep up tradition and visit with family. Most of my pictures turned out blurry, I hate it when that happens!! So there's not too many photos of that night, hopefully Judy got some good ones she wouldn't mind me using for the scrapbook!

Kayla went as a ladybug.

Kylie of course is Kala, Tarzan's mom, and yes she is holding baby Tarzan! More photos of him to come!

Enjoying the goods we rounded up during the party!

I love my girls!

All the grand kids! Tanner went as Optimus Prime, and Hanna was an adorable Spider Girl!

I was trying to get a picture of Kayla, but she had the box in her hand held up in front of her face. I told her to move it so I could see her mouth, this is the result. You get what you ask for!

And now for Tarzan! We didn't have a baby that would look good in a loin cloth, so I headed to the D.I. and found only one who's body wasn't made of material. So a dollar later we had a naked blond baby. When I asked Kylie if this baby would work for Tarzan, she said no because Tarzan has brown hair. Well I wasn't going to let that stop my dollar find, so I painted his plastic hair brown. I then found some cheap material and proceeded to make the little guy a loin cloth. I was once again reminded why I don't sew! Maybe I'm just a moron when it comes to the old hand me down sewing machine I have, but we really don't get a long very well! I figured all I had to do was make it look as good as if a gorilla sewed it, I think I did worse! But it works and hasn't fallen off yet! I also decided he had to have a blanket. I found an old pair of green jeans I've had sitting in a box waiting to be taken to the D.I. (no I have never worn them! They were given to me, and just sat in my closet for who knows how long). So I took it and cut a leaf shape out of it, then sewed a design. I thought it turned out cute!

Can we say OBSESSED! This baby is so real to her, I think it will be her favorite toy for quite sometime! Not bad for a buck! It does get a little annoying at times, but it's worth it if it makes the girl happy. Now I have to make one for Kayla. The arguing is driving me nuts! Anyone have another water baby they don't want??

Here's a close up just for the fun of it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time for Trick-or-Treating! Once again we went to the In-Laws and enjoyed this Halloween tradition with their cousins. This is one of those times were I actually enjoy living in Southern Utah. The weather was perfect, all you needed was a sweat shirt!

More photos for the scrapbook!

We took the kids around the neighborhood, but was sorley disapointed. Not too many homes had their lights on. When we stopped by a friends house, they weren't home and we called to say we stopped by, they proceeded to tell us where to go for good trick-or-treating. So we walked back to Grandmas house, got in the car, and drove to a much more productive location! Oh it was so much fun there! We showed up a little late and it was obvious we'd missed out on quite the event. Next year we'll be heading there first thing!

Me and my girls. Like my shirt?? I first saw this on craigslist and was wishing I'd just bought it. I googled it later and found it easy enough, but it was around $20 plus shipping! I made a mental note to make my own, but couldn't find a picture big enough to photoshop and design my own (yes I know it's cheating, but I'll justify it by saying I'm not making any money off of it). Then only a few days ago, I saw it on a blog where she had simply bought the iron on and put it on her own shirt! However this iron on was $15 plus shipping and then I still had to find a black shirt to put it on! Not to mention I hadn't found it soon enough for it to get here in time. However, they had pictures I could work with! So I copied them, worked what litttle photoshop skills I have, and soon had a perfect replica! Unfortunatly, I couldn't simply print it and iron it on since printers don't have white ink. So I had to print it, cut it out of fabric and use 'no sew' iron on. I just have to say that stuff is a joke! Half of them wouldn't stay on! Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but next time I think I'll try some fabric glue! I still think it turned out cute anyway.

On the way home from a long night of fun, Mike had to stop and drop off some papers to his boss. So I used this moment to take a few more photos.

Kayla was knocked out cold! I had really hoped Kylie would follow her sisters example, but as you can tell she was a little wired from all the candy!

It was a great Halloween and I know my girls had a fantastic time! I hope everyone had just as much fun as we did this year!

4 comments:

Aubrie said...

love your shirt that is too cute!

April Nielsen said...

Love Kylie's costume...very creative on the Tarzan theme. I'm just dying over your shirt because I totally almost made one myself. I knew I should have but didn't have enough time. Great minds think alike!

lacie tidwell said...

HOW FUN!!! LOVE kylie's costume- you are super crafty and creative! good combo!!! oh and your shirt is AWESOME!! I want one!! LOVE IT! (I need to wait til I'm preggers to wear it I guess) but REALLY it's so so cute!!

Judy Nebeker said...

I loved your shirt! It was such a fun Halloween for us this year as well. So glad you shared the girls with us! Love you guys!