Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Goodness

I know this post is late, but this baby making thing is exhausting! I can't believe how tired I've been. But now it's time to bite the bullet and jot down our Thanksgiving.

Once again we decided to visit BOTH families! Yep, another Thanksgiving not only stuffing ourselves once, but TWICE! Wouldn't have it any other way! We first drove out to my parents to eat our weight in turkey.

Kayla fell asleep during the drive. Ahhhhh...... there's nothing sweeter then a sleeping child!

Unfortunately Kylie does not like to follow her sisters example. She was awake the entire way, loving the scenery! She couldn't wait to get out of the car and play in the snow! A luxury we don't get to enjoy much in Hurricane.

First things first, go play in the snow! I had to drag Kylie in the house to bundle her up before she went out to enjoy the cold. She doesn't own a pair of gloves thanks to where we live, so Uncle Daniel was kind enough to scourer the house for an oversize pair. She of course could care less, all she wanted to do was get outside and play!

Kayla was quick to follow. Unfortunately she didn't wait for the gloves and came in crying with icicle hands!

Finally, time to play in the snow!!

Kylie stayed outside for quite awhile, not caring what yummy goodness was going on inside. On the drive home she told me she forgot to do something in the snow. I asked her what and she replied, "This", then proceeded to move her arms and legs back and forth. "Oh a snow angel?" I was right, so now we have to go back again so she can lie down in the snow and enjoy what every kid should have the opportunity to do during their short childhood.

Before we left, Kylie decided she just had to feed Grandmas Chickens! She also wanted to gather the eggs, but sadly, the chickens were being stubborn and didn't leave us any.

After splurging on the feast with my family, we headed out to see Mikes family and once again eat a delicious meal! Only this time eating our weight in pie! My amazing sister-in-law Jaimie took down everyone's favorite pie, then proceeded to make EVERY request! How many pies does that amount to? ELEVEN pans of yummy goodness for only eight adults and four kids! Talk about heaven! My favorite was of course the chocolate cheesecake pie! Oh I'm drooling just thinking about it! If I had half the cooking skills she does, we'd be a very fat family!

Kayla's favorite was by far the strawberry! I know she exceed three pieces during the course of the night. Sadly I failed to take anything more then a picture of Kayla with her favorite pie. However, there was a precious moment Judy was fortunate enough to capture......

Great Grandpa Nebeker lives in a room attached to my in-laws garage; and we had set up a play area for the kids in the remaining space. The grand kids decided to drop in on Great Grandpa and all piled on his lap to watched cartoons on his little TV. Such a priceless moment! Kylie and Hanna are on there too, but sadly you can't see them. Regardless it's a great memory to have on photo!

Thanksgiving was fantastic! I love having the excuse to eat this time of year. I'm suppose to gain weight, so what better way to do accomplish this task then enjoying our two Thanksgiving meals! Probably won't be too happy about it come January, but for now, might as well enjoy it!!

1 comment:

Kamilla Bell said...

I had to laugh at your baby making comment. The first thought I had was.... well.... you know. But, I realize you are pregnant and understand now. It just took me a while.

I'm super jelous of the 2 Thanksgivings. WOW! Unfortunately we don't live close enough to EITHER sets of grandparents to pull that off.


We need to see a pregnant picture of you. See how your blossoming and all!