I know this post is VERY late, but what can I say, pregnancy really takes a toll on me, and now, I'm far behind! And yes, that includes blogging about our newest addition! But I'm picky and have to do things in order, so it's time to catch up! Christmas first!
This year was defiantly a great year. For Christmas Eve we headed out to a friends house to enjoy delicious food and our very own personal visit from Santa Clause! Tim (the friend we celebrated with) just happens to have a Santa costume, and was more then willing to dress up for the kids. I have to say, he made one GREAT Santa! Even gave the kids their classic pajama present!

Kayla did great and even sat on his lap! A little surprising considering just a week earlier she wouldn't go near the Santa sitting in the mall.


Kylie on the other hand is a completely different story! While at the mall, she wouldn't even LOOK at Santa! I'm not kidding, she buried her face in my leg and would not look up until she knew he was out of sight! This was no different. As soon as Santa walked in the room, she buried her face in Daddy's chest and did not look up the entire time! No matter what we, or Santa did, she kept her eyes closed. Not sure exactly why. All season she told ME to tell Santa what she wanted. I wish I could figure out what is so frighting that she can't even just look at the guy. Maybe next year?

Opening their pajama present.

However, Kylie had no trouble digging into her gift after Santa had left the room!


My girls and Tanner (our friends son), all dressed up and ready for bed! Okay, so bed was not in their plans, at least for a few more hours. Sadly this is the best picture I could get of all three of them. They were all a little crazy after their visit from Santa!
Christmas Morning

Christmas morning started at about 8:00 for us, love it! I think this was the last year we will get to sleep in (if you can call it that). Santa brought the girls a rocking chair, some princesses and a stocking full of toys and goodies! The girls got very little on their wish list from us or Santa. Thanks to wonderful grandmas that beat me to the punch! Most of their gifts were dress-up stuff.




Many of you know my husband loves food, but if you really know him, he tries SO hard to be healthy. We've been on a product called Herbalife for awhile now, and he LOVES it! It's all about being healthy and big part of the diet are protein shakes. Sadly our blender is a bit on the REALLY cheap side, so for Christmas, I bought Mike the Magic Bullet he's been wanting for years! He was defiantly shocked and it gets used several times a day by all of us in the house!

Kylie is obsessed with anything related to art. The girl draws several pictures a day and is a pro at coloring! So for Christmas this year, I made them each an art bag of sorts, filled with all the necessary items for creating a masterpiece! Not sure it was a smart thing to do, but it has since been the most used Christmas gift!

The girls were quick to jump in and start coloring! It was the first thing they did after opening all their gifts. Kayla's favorite was the glitter glue (washable of course). Thank heavens is all gone now!

After we had our protein shake in our new magic bullet for breakfast, we got ready and headed out to visit family. Our first stop this year was the Nebeker's! We arrived and opened gifts; once again the girls were spoiled with what they REALLY wanted for Christmas. The oh so famous pillowpet! Kylie wanted a horse, and I had ordered it MONTHS ago since it can only be found online. When Judy said she wanted to get all the grand-kids pillowpets, I sold it back to her. Can you guess how thrilled Kylie was to open it?! It's been at the top of her wish list practically all year! Kayla was just as obsessed, but really didn't care which one she received. So a ladybug it was, and now, neither one of them sleep with their regular pillow anymore, it has to be their pillow pet!

No pictures of the actual pillow pet, but here's Kylie playing with the walkie talkie she gave her cousin Tanner. Love this photo!

Kayla, searching the gifts to see if there was anything left behind.
Around 1:00 we headed out to visit my family. We had planned to arrive in time to visit with my brother Jared who's currently serving a mission in California. He wasn't suppose to call until 2:00, but I guess he couldn't wait, and called early. Sad to say, we missed it! I wasn't too happy about it, we arrived just 5 minutes after he'd hung up! But at least all is well and he's doing great!

Another gift on Kylie's wish lists, a bouncing baby!

Kayla received a Woody doll from the ever famous 'Toy Story'. Here's where a proud mommy moment comes in for me. Kylie had been begging for one of these, but Grandma bought it for Kayla after she had babysat them and Kayla had carried around her cousins Woody doll ALL day! Yes, they are both HUGE Woody fans. My mom tried desperately to get her hands on a Jessie doll for Kylie, but had no such luck. I was really worried how Kylie was going to react to her sister getting this toy. As I watched her, you could tell she was excited for Kayla, but disappointed she did not get it. I don't think anyone noticed but me, I guess it's a mommy thing, but I watched her and she was a trooper! A mother knows her child and I knew she was extremely disappointed, but I could tell she was trying so hard to be happy with her bouncing baby! I was amazed how selfless she was, even though she didn't get what she really wanted, there was no crying, whining or complaining! Although she was defiantly a little hurt, she was trying so hard to be a good sport about it. What kind of four year old acts like that?? I'm so blessed! My mom asked me if I thought Kylie liked her gift and I told her she did, but I could tell she really wanted the Woody doll. So my mom and I sat Kylie down and told her how we had searched everywhere to find a Jessie, and Kylie said she really wanted Woody. So awesome Grandma Gardner asked if she could buy her a Woody doll for her birthday (only a few weeks away), and Kylie's eyes lit up! Oh she was so satisfied with that and there was defiantly a different smile on her face after that; no longer did she have to force one! I was relieved, even though her attitude was amazing, I hated knowing she was a little hurt. Now she was truly happy, and obviously couldn't wait until her birthday!

This brought back quite a few memories for me. I can remember doing this with my dad and brothers on countless occasions. My dad was a pro at playtime, and it looks like he still is! The girls had SO much fun riding grandpa! He makes the best horse!


And now he's exhausted! Thanks dad for giving them what energy you had left for the day!
Afterward we went to visit some of my extended family and then headed home. It was a great Christmas and one I hope my girls will remember and cherish!
No comments:
Post a Comment