Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Good Times

My cousin Patricia and her husband Adam, were getting sealed in the Temple, so they flew all the way here to good ol' Utah from warm sunny Florida!  Her parents, aka: Aunt Sandy and Uncle Don, also came to enjoy this time with the family as well as Patricia and Adams boys, Mason and David.  Sadly, I can count how many time's I've seen my Aunt & Uncle.  I grew up with them living in Illinois, later they moved to Florida.  Even though I don't get to see them as often I would like, I love them all just the same!  It's always so much fun when we can get together!

My Moms side of the family has this obsession with the game Shanghai (Not sure on the spelling).  It's basically like Phase 10, only it's played with face cards.  Whenever they all get together, they'll stay up late into the night playing game after game!  It's actually pretty fun!  Sadly I wasn't able to spend as much time with them as I would have liked.  There wasn't any room at my moms place for me the kids to stay and driving an hour there and back the whole week they were here would have really put a damper on my kids Christmas if you know what I mean.  So I was only able to go out there once, on the night my mom decided to do a little party with all of us. We had a great time stuffing ourselves with delicious food and playing games.


I was lucky enough to have my husband home from work the day Patricia and Adam went through the Temple.  We made the mistake of letting a 90 year old lady take our group photo.  Oops!  Makes me laugh every time I see it! I couldn't even bring myself to crop the pictures for fear I'd lose the humor of it!   At least the second try she was able to get all of our heads in it!  HAHA!  Gotta love sweet old ladies!  Afterwards we grabbed our kids and took them out to eat with us at Golden Coral.  Kayla looked so adorable digging into her cotton candy, so I snapped a few shots of her cuteness!  The Men (Uncle Don and Adam), left afterward to head to the airport so they could get home in time for work.  The rest of the gang stayed for another few days before heading home for Christmas.

No comments: