Kylie FINALLY lost her first tooth! As you can tell from the photos, her new
tooth is already half way up! I had been
trying for weeks to get her to pull her loose tooth, but she just wouldn’t do
it. At first she was exited to loose her
tooth, but I felt the need to warn her there would be a little blood
involved. I knew she would freak if it fell
out and the blood came as a shock, she’s vulnerable like that. So I set her down to explain it. Unfortunately it frightened her and she had
no interest in loosing her tooth anymore.
It was driving me crazy how loose it was and I was really worried about
her teeth since her new tooth was already half way in behind her baby
tooth. I tried countless of times to get
it out, even grabbed the tweezers which worked great except for the fact that
she would not let me near her tooth! On this
particular day, we were putting up Christmas lights and in order to change the
fuses I had to use tweezers. While in
the middle of hanging lights, I asked Kylie if I could see her tooth. Normally if she knew I had tweezers in my
hand she would NOT open her mouth, but they were hidden, and somehow I happen
to get a quick grip and pulled! The
tweezers made a loud snapping noise as she jerked backed from me shocking me,
Judy and Tyler (who there helping with the Christmas lights). Even more shocking to me was the blood I saw
coming from her gums. Once she realized
what I had done, she was hysterical! We
quickly made our way to the bathroom where, upon further inspection, we found
that her tooth had finally come out!! So
after traumatizing her for life, we calmed her down, took some photos, and
talked excitedly about the tooth fairy!
I had made her a tooth fairy pillow weeks before when she
first showed me her new tooth. I loved
the way it turned out! There’s a pocket
on one side, and a plastic covering on the other holding a teeth diagram where
we can put all the dates that she looses her teeth!
Kylie was so excited for the tooth fairy to come, she wrote
a letter asking the tooth fairy what her favorite color was. She answered, “All the colors of the rainbow!” She woke us up early to show us the dollar
the tooth fairy had left behind!
According to Daddy, the tooth fairy’s a cheap skate and should have
given her more. What is the going rate
for a tooth these days?

1 comment:
We always leave 4 quarters. Maybe we're cheap. I don't know. But Tanner always seems happy with it.
Post a Comment