Monday, December 19, 2011

Temple Lights









We went with my In-laws to see the Temple lights for our family night.  The plan was to go to Tuacahn to see the live nativity, then head over to the St. George Temple.  What all of us failed to realize was, Tuacahn was closed that night.  So after showing up there only to have to turn around and get back in the car, we made our way over to the Temple grounds.  The girls were fascinated by it as usual.  They loved the lights and walking around.  Daddy even made sure he took each girl separately to walk around so they could have a little daddy-daughter talk.  I have no idea what was said, but I sure hope the girls remember it.  I had forgotten my camera (surprise, surprise), so I was stuck with the camera on my phone.  I took way to many pictures trying to get a good one, but it just wasn’t happening!  Mike and I were with the girls and Jayden with the Grandparents when Judy came over to tell us Jayden had thrown up!!  Seriously NOT what I was hoping would happen that evening.  Upon further inspection I came to realize he had not thrown up, but had a complete BLOWOUT!  Not sure which is worse?!  It was too dark outside for anyone to realize what disgusting mess was all over Grandpa’s sweater so it was assumed to be puke.  We quickly got to the car where I had diapers and wipes, but no clothes.  We changed Jayden in the back of Judy’s suburban where ironically, we found some clothes she had bought Jayden weeks ago, but had forgotten about them.  So glad she forgot!  It was SO cold outside and he was not a happy boy while being wiped down with a wet wipe!  That pretty much ended our time at the Temple. 

We stopped by Albertsons to grab some formula for Jayden since I was all out.  The kids and I stayed in the car while everyone else went in.  (How many people does it take to buy a can of formula?) j/k!  I used this time to take a few more pictures, and a few too many of Jayden because I was trying so hard to get one with his eyes open, but my flash made him close his eyes every time!  Once we were all back in the car, we decided frozen yogurt at Adobe Icebox in Ivins was a must!  Still not sure what were thinking, it was SO cold outside!  But luckily Adobe’s frozen yogurt is worth it!  We slowly drove home and looked at all the Christmas lights while eating our ice cream in the warmth of the suburban. 

No comments: