Monday, February 16, 2009

Small Update

I have a few things I wanted to post, so I figured I'd just get them all done at once! So here they are!

The other day while I was getting ready, Kayla once again fell asleep on the floor. I knew she was tired, but we were planning on leaving, so I didn't worry about putting her in bed. Well Kylie being the sweetheart she is, noticed her little sister sleeping, and instead of using a blanket to cover her, she grabbed the closest thing next to her, a pillow. She's going to be a great mother someday!

Grandpa's Pond

So this is where we were headed when Kayla fell asleep. We have a small pound just down the street from our house called Grandpas Pond. I'm not sure if that the official name for it, but that's what we call it. Mike and April invited us along and it was FREEZING! The kids however could care less. They were just enjoying the outdoors and throwing rocks into the water. They also got a kick out of the ducks, we instantly regretted not bring bread to feed them; I know they would have LOVED it. We'll remember next time!


Valentines Day

I try to be a cool mom, although I don't think I succeed all that often. But on valentines day I had cupcakes ready for the girls when they woke up. Mike was such a big help and made the cupcakes the night before while I was at work. Then when I got home that night I frosted them. We make such a great team! So for breakfast that morning, I let my kids have cupcakes! Not exactly healthy, but it's Valentines day! I personally am all up for junk food in the morning! Plus, Kylie has the opposite problem that all other children have these days; she's UNDER weight! Yep, her last check up she was in the 5 percentile for weight. So what does a cupcake hurt for breakfast?? Absolutely nothing. Down it with some milk and you've got a perfectly fine valentines breakfast in my opinion!
Valentines day was actually very nice for me. Unfortunately I had to work during the day, but was done by 4:30, so I had the evening which is the most important part don't you think? ;) Since we're on such a tight budget, we couldn't do anything real extravagant. Mikes parents are the greatest and took us out for dinner at Samurai 21 (no kids allowed, thanks Nikki for babysitting). Mike was able to talk his Mom into keeping our kids over night, so we had the entire house to ourselves! It was so nice to just relax at home with just the two of us. We got a Redbox movie, "The Happening". Although good, not the best Valentines Day movie! It is one of the freakiest movies I've ever seen! Clean as far as language and sexual content, but was it gory! I'd only recommend it if you were in the mood for something really creepy! It even freaked out my poor hubby, which if you know him, you'd know movies like that don't generally get to him. You definitely want to watch it with someone you can hang onto throughout the WHOLE thing! Sunday morning was awesome as well. Without any children to get ready for church, the morning was rather relaxing. Mike made breakfast and would you guess, we were STILL late for church! I was ready a good 25 minutes before church started, but like always, Mike was not. He blames me when we're late, but I'd say 8 out of 10 times, he's the reason we don't make it on time. Although we were only about 2 minutes late instead of 10. It was SO nice to sit and actually get to listen to the speakers! Usually I'm too busy keeping my kids entertained to really get anything out of the talks, but not this time! We spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing a little more, then headed over to the in-laws to eat dinner and get the kids. It was a great Valentines Day! Thanks Judy for taking the girls!!

2 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Sounds like your Valentine's Day was fantastic! I personally believe a cupcake is a fabulous breakfast; if it's REALLY as important as people say it is, you should definitely eat something you enjoy!

Sara Schwartz said...

Your little girls are the cutest! I love the pic of you and your youngest Kayla! I am excited to follow your blog and see all the new and exciting things you post!