Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Mini Trip
A few weeks ago Mike's Aunt Gail came into town for a visit, so we all went to Springdale for a little time away. Sadly this is the closest thing we'll have for a vacation this year, but it's still fun nonetheless. I've actually been begging Mike to take me Zions this year and do a few hikes, but we have yet achieve my dream. But we did manage to make it as far as Springdale! Beggars can't be choosers right?
Our first stop, the ever traditional pizza place we enjoy every time we venture here. (At least once a year). Mikes family is notorious for small travel. We've enjoyed many adventures right here in good ol' Southern Utah.
Kayla helping Grandpa Nebeker finish his dinner. Such a great Grandpa, he just let her go at it!
Tyler (Mikes brother) was basically in charge of the camera. I'd say he's got some great talent in this area and he'd better not let it go to waste! I'm thinking maybe I should have him do our family pictures?
The girls LOVE Aunt Nikki. The poor girl can't get away from them if she tried! Serves her right for being so incredibly awesome, the girls just can't get enough of her!
After dinner we walked down to feed the elk and buffalo. It's a definite must when we visit Springdale.
Kylie was actually a little freaked out by them, but she still enjoyed looking, Kayla was more interested in the cat walking around, she even tried chase it under the fence when the cat walked in with the elk! Luckily she didn't fit, so I didn't have to worry too much if I had to turn my back for a second.

This is not the most modest shot, but funny and a little disgusting regardless. You may have to enlarge the photo to see it, but the elk is well.....scenting himself (I think), or else he's really thirsty? He seriously went on urinating on himself for 3 or 4 minutes! We weren't sure whether to laugh or be completely grossed out, so we did a little of both. The real belly roll was after he'd finished and a family came up to pet him (having not seen his previous performance)! We all had to RUN away in order to avoid insulting the mom who's trying so hard to pet him on the nose! GROSS! But oh so funny. Needless to say we all washed our hands and from now on will most likely refrain from touching them. Looking is plenty satisfying!
After we all pulled ourselves off the ground, we headed to the river just before you enter Zions National park. It was so pretty and completely relaxing. I just love this picture of me and the girls. Sadly it turned out a little blurry, but I still love it. We tried skipping rocks in the river and some failed miserably (including myself) and some managed to succeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I do love Zion's. We should go there together one of these days--we have an Eagle Pass, so it's basically a free trip! Let me know when you're ready. :)
I forget something so fun is so close. Maybe we'll get there in the spring, you're lucky you caught it before the artic winds hit...it's so stinkin cold. I also can't wait for our Kansas city trip in Feb...I REALLY need a vacation.
Post a Comment