Monday, October 26, 2009

Perfect Weather For Flying!

As I've mentioned before, my little brother Jared is a pilot. I'm sorry to say he's had his licence for TWO years and I have yet to fly with him! Let me just say for the record, no I am not scared of his flying, we just unfortunately have never found the time as lame as that sounds. But there's nothing like the last minute to get you up in a plane. Jared was going up one last time before he leaves to serve a mission. He invited us and a few other friends along. Sadly, we almost didn't make it again! I'd forgotten I had to be at the church to help with practice for our primary program. So instead of flying in Cedar City at 9:00 in the morning as planned, we didn't make it there until about 11:30. Needless to say we were the last ones to go up, and everyone else had left us by the time we got there. But at least we made it!
Kylie and I went up first. Now Kylie is obsessed with planes, if you remember I even made her an airplane cake for her birthday. However, she was not amused when she realized she was going INSIDE the plane. She keep crying, "I want Daddy!" But after a few minutes she calmed down and than gave us no emotion what so ever. We took off, nothing, we flew around, nothing, we landed, nothing. She basically sat there like a zombie. If you ask if she liked flying in the airplane, she'll say yes; if you ask her if she wants to do it again, she'll say no. I think she'll enjoy it a little more in two years when Uncle Jared gets back.
Here we are in the sky! I however had much more enjoyable time than Kylie. I'll admit was a little worried at how I'd handle it, but Jared really is a great pilot and I had zero problems flying with him!Here's the pilot himself in action!

Kylie and Uncle Jared. She finally smiled after getting out of the plane.

Kayla and Mike were next, however, it was short lived. When I went to take this picture, Kayla was crying hysterically, but turned her head just as I snapped the shot. Sadly she did not get to enjoy flying with her uncle this time around. We'll try again in two years. Mike of course still went.

Here's Mike and Jared sitting in the plane about to take off.

Obviously we couldn't leave without a classic family shot in front of the little plane that didn't crash!

2 comments:

*Aliese* said...

That's so awesome! Every time I see a little prop. plane like that, I think of my skydiving trip and get butterflies all over again. :) Glad you were able to go with your brother before he left! That's so awesome.

Judy Nebeker said...

Great post Tammy. Looks like you had alot of fun!