Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Tradition

Once again my in-laws neighborhood has thrown their own Halloween party! We've gone every year since being married, and there was no exception this year! I honestly think if I had enough neighbors, I'd start this same tradition! There's only 10 homes in our development and I believe only 6 or 7 are currently occupied, so I'm sure it'd be a bummer of a party considering only two homes contain children, ours being one of them. So for the time being, we'll be attending the El Vista Drive carnival. Kylie went as Cinderella and Kayla as Ariel, 'The Little Mermaid'. My mom originally bought The Little Mermaid costume for Kylie (and she picked it out on her own), but the Cinderella dress was just too large for Kayla, so she's borrowing it this year.

It took Kayla a minute or two to realize more than one person was going to give her candy. As we started walking away from our first stop, she ran back hoping more goodies would be dropped into her bucket. This went on until about the third or fourth stop until it finally clicked, everyone would give her something yummy, and she just had to keep going forward for more.

This is Kylie doing the beanbag toss. She won a little rubber frog, and of course she went looking for a red one, but one did not exist, so she settled for blue instead.

I love this photo! It looks like Cinderella's lost her slipper! Which ironically she actually did! I bought some cheap dress up slippers at the dollar store to go over her sandals in hopes that her feet wouldn't get too cold, and well......she lost one. I found it of course, but still, a little humorous if you ask me!
One home had a cupcake walk and Kylie was in love with it! However, she would not eat the cupcakes! She kept winning and would make someone else eat her reward! What kid does that? Maybe I'm just great at teaching my children to share. HAHA! Yeah right, I just have an extremely picky eater, so everyone in the family received one of Kylie's yummy winnings.

I didn't have a tiara for Kylie to wear, and I'd stopped at the dollar store on the way to the in-laws hoping they'd have one, but they didn't. So I grabbed some curling ribbon instead. I have since found one at Wal-Mart that lights up for a dollar! Yes a dollar, so she'll look a little more princess like on Halloween.


Kayla was so tired by the end of it, she was slightly ornery. Here's her and sympathetic Daddy during one of her melt downs. Too precious!

1 comment:

*Aliese* said...

That last picture really is too cute.