Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Moment Of Weakness!

So Michael LOVES dogs! We've had two throughout our five years of marriage. The first a dachshund we named Jack, which I fell in love with! Sadly, the townhouse we had BOUGHT (yes we were paying a mortgage payment) had the most RIDICULOUS HOA, and in that pathetic document, it states we were not allowed to have pets! Yes I glanced through the HOA's before buying a house, and it clearly stated we could have pets, but it was an older version, and as of a year prior to us buying a house, they vanished all dogs and cats! Sadly we did not receive the last page of the document stating this and had NO idea! After we had moved in and had the dog for about two months, we get a letter stating we were not allowed to have a dog and we must get rid of him or have a fine of $25 a DAY until he was gone! We were both heart broken and honestly ripped off a few heads, but after fighting and even trying to move, we ended up giving him to a great home. The moment we moved into this house, Mike was on the hunt for another puppy. Having loved the dachshund, he wanted another one. I however did not, but didn't want to let him down so I went along with it. If you know anything about dachshund, you'll know they are the WORST to house train! Our first dog took FOREVER, and I was not looking forward to this process. I was pregnant with Kayla at the time, and I knew there was no way I was going to have the patience for him, so sadly he spent all his time in our grassless back yard until the day came where we felt so bad for him, we decided he needed a new home. So off he went. Mike has been dying for another dog, and I told him it had to be house trained, I just don't want to deal with training another dog. But after passing by Sportsman's Warehouse a few weeks ago, things have since changed. Meet Charlie!

This new addition to the family is a Jack Russel Tarrier. She has been much easier than the other two dogs. Although she's really not fully house trained yet, you can tell she has a little more brains than the others. She LOVES to cuddle! These dogs are know to be hipper, and she most defiantly has her moments, but she settles down very easily and most of the time will willingly endure all Kylie and Kayla have to offer. I am warming up to her very much and hope she'll be the one to stay in the family for MANY years to come! As long as we don't come across anymore pathetic rules, she will be staying with us until the day the good Lord takes her home! (Which we've read is about 15+ years! They live forever!)

No comments: