This year we decided not to wait until the end of August to plant flowers. So a few weeks ago, Mike and Kylie headed down to Walmart to pick out some flowers for our front yard. Here's some pictures of us outside working.





They both LOVED getting their hands dirty and helping Daddy plant all the flowers!





A job well done!
Watering the plants.

After we were done watering the plants, we took a walk around our house where we found an "Alligator". Kylie can't quite distinguish the difference between an alligator and a lizard. I also got on the roof and FINALLY took down our Christmas lights! Now don't go thinking they've been up there since Christmas, oh no, we have NEVER taken down our Christmas lights! For THREE Christmas' our lights have be up year round! The problem was, we borrowed a ladder to put them up, but never could find one to get them down. Sometime during the first year they were left up, half of them fell down due to the wind. So we actually weren't able to use our lights for the past TWO years! Crazy I know. But on this particular day, I'd had enough, and grabbed a rake to try and just tear them down. However, they became stuck, so Mike hosted me up onto the roof where I proceeded to take down our overdue Christmas lights! Shout for joy! I have been begging Mike to take care of them for well.....three years now. How does that saying go, "If you want something done right, do it yourself". That's so my motto! So we had a fantastic family day fixing up our front yard! Now if we could only do something with the back yard!
After we were done watering the plants, we took a walk around our house where we found an "Alligator". Kylie can't quite distinguish the difference between an alligator and a lizard. I also got on the roof and FINALLY took down our Christmas lights! Now don't go thinking they've been up there since Christmas, oh no, we have NEVER taken down our Christmas lights! For THREE Christmas' our lights have be up year round! The problem was, we borrowed a ladder to put them up, but never could find one to get them down. Sometime during the first year they were left up, half of them fell down due to the wind. So we actually weren't able to use our lights for the past TWO years! Crazy I know. But on this particular day, I'd had enough, and grabbed a rake to try and just tear them down. However, they became stuck, so Mike hosted me up onto the roof where I proceeded to take down our overdue Christmas lights! Shout for joy! I have been begging Mike to take care of them for well.....three years now. How does that saying go, "If you want something done right, do it yourself". That's so my motto! So we had a fantastic family day fixing up our front yard! Now if we could only do something with the back yard!
2 comments:
I'm jealous of your flowers. We tried to plant some last year and they all died. Apparently the red Ivins dirt did them in! We even added soil and plant food...to no avail...
haha! I have a visual image of Mike hoisting you up to tear down the lights:)- and YES! if you want something done you DO have to do it yourself (I have a curtain conundrum along the same lines where I need curtains hung up!) sheesh boys!!! but awesome!! flowers look good!!!
Post a Comment