Sunday, August 1, 2010

Business Trip Day 2

The day after Mikes meetings and the awesome baseball game, we decided to head over to the Hogal Zoo before the long drive home. The girls had a great time, just as I knew they would! Kayla seemed a little on the tired side, making her enjoyment a little speratic, but Kylie never complained!

Kayla, just after we entered the park.

I can't remember exactly what Kylie was looking at. But I know she enjoyed it.

Here they are looking at the penguins.

There was actually a little show going on with this mommy elephant and her baby. They handed her a whole watermelon, and she proceeded to break it with her trunk for her and her young calf.

There was a boat off to the side and is seemed to be one of the few thing Kayla really enjoyed. I actually had a difficult time trying to get her out of it!

Here's the whole gang. We went to the zoo with another family whom Mike works with.

The one thing that made Kayla the happiest, was riding the train. We knew we had no choice as soon as she saw it. The wait in line was awful and this girl clearly has no patience! Not sure why she looks so sad in this photo, but I promise she loved every minute of the ride!

Kylie on the train, happy as usual!

Finally, a smile from Kayla! She loved the little park they have in the zoo, other then the wood chips that kept getting in her sandles. We probably spent an hour letting them run around! She loved the tetertoter, at least until she fell off anyway (not sure who the other girls is).

Funny thing is, I actually have a photo of me and my brothers in the exact same egg some 15+ years ago!

On the way out of the park, we stopped to feed the ducks, another highlight for tired Kayla.

Kylie with the smile she's always wearing!

No comments: