Saturday, August 7, 2010

Baking Fun

My mom bought the girls some aprons a while ago, and ever since, Kylie has been BEGGING me to make cookies. I, thanks to this pregnancy, just haven't been up to it. I told her we didn't have any chocolate chips, but clever Kylie said we could make the ones with sprinkles. We most definitely had all the ingredient for sugar cookies. Finally I was feeling up to it after I had spent the day cleaning. There's just something about a clean house that gets you in the mood to accomplish other things. So I bribed Kylie and told her as soon as her room was picked up, we could make cookies. Wow how that worked! I've never been able to get the girls to clean up their mess with out serious threats regarding timeouts. I think bribing might just be a new thing for me!

They really enjoyed cutting out the dough. Kayla seemed to get a little carried away and would cut over ones that were already cut. Needless to say there weren't many of hers that actually made it to the pan.

Next came the sprinkles, their favorite part by far. Luckily the dollar store sprinkles take some good shaking to actually get sprinkles on the cookies, so I didn't have to worry too much about an overload. They all turned out yummy and were gone by the end of the next day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little while ago I went to spend some time at my in-laws house while Mike was at work. Mike's little sister Nikki decided to make some delicious brownies and was kind enough to let all the grand kids help.

Kylie, so proud to be wearing an apron and helping her Aunt Nikki (who's 19 and single by the way, oh she's gonna love me for this).

Gotta love brownie batter! Kayla was trying to lick the batter off her hand, and ended up with a spoonful on her face! Love it!

1 comment:

lacie tidwell said...

Shes cute!!! She should seriously go on a date with my brother in law! he needs to date a nice girl!!:)