Well..... It's official, I'm a SOCCER MOM! My oldest baby started soccer a couple of weeks ago. Mike was determined to get Kylie started when he found out she was finally old enough for the sport. So be prepared for a LOT of soccer post in the future! Her team this year decided on the name 'Red Flash', and for those of you who know Kylie, you're very aware that she is OBSESSED with the color red! How perfect is it to have your team colors be red and black?

Because I'm so awesome at updating my blog in a timely manner, Kylie has since played TWO games which I will now have to brag about (and yes, that means way too many photos, but it's my blog and I can do whatever my little heart desires). Her first game (almost two weeks ago) was not quite what we expected. She woke up that morning with a cough, and would not get out on the field and play saying she didn't feel good. No bribing in the world was getting her out there. So we simply watched her teammates score goal after goal winning our first game! Yep, we have an all-star player who's grown up watching her big sister play and is AMAZING with the ball! As amazing as a 5 year old could be that is. Kylie spent most of the game watching and cheering on her cousin Tanner who just happened to be playing on the field right next to us. Grandma and Grandpa Nebeker are also very determined to attend every game and also beat me in showing off our amazing Kylie. You can see how much she adores her little soccer player
here on her blog.

Isn't she just so adorable in her oversize soccer uniform?!


Kayla is now at the age where she wants to do everything her sister does and notices when she doesn't get too! It actually breaks my heart! Lately Kylie has gotten new clothes, shoes (for school and soccer), gets to go to school, play soccer, and poor Kayla is starting to feel left out! I can see it in her face. She doesn't complain or throw a tantrum, but a mother knows when her daughters feelings are hurt. I think it's time for some Mommy and Kayla play days!

Have I mentioned who just happens to be Kylie's coach this year? Well if you happen to know Mikes family and their love of soccer, you won't be surprise when I tell you that MIKE is her coach! Mike's Dad actually coached him and all of his siblings while they were growing up, and Mike just couldn't let the opportunity pass! Having Daddy for a coach can be somewhat challenging. Mike tells me Kylie's a space cadet (poor things just like me). During their first practice apparently Mike was teaching them (obviously) when Kylie interrupts and says there's a bus! Ummm....... pay attention girl! At their first game they were warming up when Kylie picks some dandelions and wants to give them to me. I of course find it so sweet and adorable, but Daddy however finds it a bit annoying. He made her wait until after her turn before she could run to me with tears in her eyes and hand me freshly pick dandelion. I think that incident may have had a little bit to do with her not wanting to play in the first game.


Since Kylie decided not to play, we took some self portraits.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On to our second game of the season! Oh how this one turned out so much better then the first! Kylie actually went out and played! She loved every second of it just like we knew she would!

Kylie's team and coach Daddy warming up before the game!

Kylie and her team supposedly listening to the coach right before they started their second game.

And finally...... some action shots! Kylie did so great! She loved running around and fighting for the ball. I must admit I was a little surprised at how well she got in there and played.



Oh how she had such a great time! They again won the game (no we are not suppose to keep score, but with a competitive Dad, how could he not)! I'm so glad she has finally come to enjoy the sport she's been destined to play since she was 'kicking' in my stomach! My in-laws would not have it any other way! I for one did not grow up with soccer at all! So it's all a bit new for me, but just watching my daughter have fun is a passion of mine, no matter what sport she's playing.
4 comments:
She looks so cute in her little soccer get up!
This is so awesome. I love little-kid sporting events! They're still learning the skills and rules so the confusion/boredom which takes place just makes me grin.
Love all the pictures. I am so sad I missed her game! So glad she got in there and had fun. Those girls are such adorable Grandma's girls. Kayla will get her turn and she'll really rip em up! Can't wait. Thanks for the awesome post! You're the best!
TAMMY! Holy COW! How the Hay are ya. So I'm a little new the blog thing but I love it. It is so fun to see what friends are up to. I live far from family so they can see what's up. Anyway, your girls are so cute and congrats on the baby on the way. Your blog is awesome and way way cute!
Post a Comment