Saturday, April 24, 2010

Easter Saturday

So Saturday morning we headed into town for the annual Hurricane Easter egg hunt. However, it would be more appropriate to call it an Easter candy pick up! Not that I'm complaining, they just had a handful of actually eggs, and the rest of the candy was simply thrown all over the lawn. The girls didn't mind though. This was our first year going to this, and we had no idea how the big hunt would begin, but we soon found out. Standing only 10 feet from the fire truck the horn blew! Freaked us all out! Especially Kylie; she became extremely scared and started to cry. We quickly tried to calm her and Kayla and get them to run out onto the lawn. It took only a few seconds and they were off! Kylie ran into the crowd not caring if anyone was behind her. We didn't see her again until the hunt was over (however I did try my best to keep an eye on her, and spotted her a few times in the middle of the crowd having the time of her life!) Kayla however was content with picking up the goods on the outskirts of the crowd.

Kayla and I picking up all the goodies. She kept bypassing the good stuff (chocolate) for the peppermints and Worthers Original. I did however sneak in a few Snickers and Twix to be shared with Mommy of course. ;)

Kylie and I walking back after I went searching for her once the candy was all picked up. Her favorite to pick up was the salt water taffy.

The girls and their goodies.

Kylie so happy with all she gathered up.

After wards, we walked down to the High School to enjoy the car show. Mike of course enjoyed it more than I, but I figured I could handle it. There were some pretty neat vehicles to envy.
Mike's favorite was the Camaro. Turns out it's his number one dream car. He'd like one that looks just like Bumblebee from Transformers. He's not obsessed with the movie, but it was his childhood favorite. Sadly I didn't get a photo of him drooling over it, however, he managed to take a picture of it with his phone, and now it is currently his wallpaper. Honestly, almost every car we came across seemed to make him giddy, but the Camaro made number one.

Kayla and a car she seemed to love.

Kylie and Daddy walking, admiring all the fancy vehicles.

1 comment:

April Nielsen said...

You're good...I didn't get an Easter post done at all! We usually love to go to that car show. They really have some incredible cars there. I miss talking with you...maybe we could go riding again soon?? Hope everything is going well for you!