Well it's happened AGAIN! Another year has gone by and now my daughter has celebrated her FIFTH birthday! This year her birthday fell on a Sunday, and so I decided to keep it small. We simply had family over and enjoyed an evening with pizza, ice cream, cake and some hilarious games our new XBOX Kinect! And yes I again made her cake! I really like how it turned out. It may look fancy, but it was actually fairly easy!
Kylie wanted a princess cake this year and I found one online I thought I could do. Except I changed up the princesses. Instead of figurines, I found some images online, used my limited photoshop skills, then headed down to Albertsons and had them copy them onto edible paper. Then I put them on sugar cookies, so the ENTIRE cake is edible! (Okay, so there are skewers holding up the cookies, but that's it!) The towers are ice cream cones dipped in white chocolate, with sugar cones on top also dipped in white chocolate and rolled in sprinkles. I then used Twizzler pull-in-peel, and valentine M&M's to decorate the rest of the cake. The windows and door are simply Starburst cut to size! So yummy!
Since the party was small, the gift was a little bigger. I decided to get her a dollhouse for all the princess barbies she got for Christmas. This was no easy task!!! EVERYTHING was sold out online! It also doesn't help that we live in such a small town, finding one here is nearly impossible! But I finally decided to order just barbie furniture, then purchase a dollhouse bookcase at Target. Bad idea! Although the furniture is AMAZING!! The dollhouse is not. I didn't think to really size it, I figured it was big enough, but I was wrong, the Barbies cant stand up all the way in it, and the furniture only fits on the top shelf! So now I'm on the prowl AGAIN for another dollhouse. I'm thinking I might just try to make one? Hopefully I can sell this one and get a good chunk of my money back to get her a new dollhouse.
Overall, Kylie had a fun filled birthday! Grandparents also spoiled her with a tea party and of course, the promised Woody doll! When she opened Woody she told Kalya, "Now I don't have to steal your Woody anymore!" What a crack up!





4 comments:
WOW!! you are AWESOME!! I love all the new posts, it is fun catching up on ya =)
Ok. That cake looked AMAZING! If you where close I would've hired you to make Nicole a cake. Seriously I can't get over it!
The cake turned out great; I, of course, LOVE it and would be totally proud if it were my very own birthday cake! (Don't you worry, that I still have a deep love and appreciation for Disney princesses) I can't believe you have a five-year-old either; totally blows my mind. And hey, with my classes finally over, I am completely free to help you be crafty and creative! Just give me a call. :)
oh my goodness happy birthday kylie!! can't believe shes FIVE!!! I love the cake- you are so creative- I may have to steal some of your ideas:)
Post a Comment