So do you think spending midnight on New Years Eve in the bathroom with a sick child who just threw up is any indication of how the rest of the new year will be??? Well that's exactly what I was doing. Kylie had woken up that morning with a horrible cough and slight fever. Nothing to sever, she was still her normal self, just with a cough. Than after putting her to bed, she woke up and started coughing so bad it made her puke. So we filled the bathroom with steam and sat there as the ball dropped. However my awesome husband and great friends paused the TV so we could celebrate after Kylie was feeling better. So our big New Years was celebrated 25 minutes after the fact. It was still a great New Years Eve. Since only one friend was able to make it to our small party, we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse, than came home to this!
.JPG)
I went a little overboard on the goodies. I decided a chocolate fondue was a must and served it with all the trimmings! Than threw in some very unhealthy snacks. So yummy!
.JPG)
.JPG)
My girls had been eyeing the silly string I bought for the big night, so I broke it out after they were in their PJ's since I knew there was noway they'd make it till midnight, nor did I want them to. So we had a little fun with it long before it was time.
.JPG)

Dustin and his soon to be wife, Aislinn, going at it!
After we cleaned up the mess and sent the girls to bed, we played games until it was time to relax in front of the TV and watch other people party. Like I said earlier, I had to take care of Kylie, then we celebrated the new year a little later than the rest of the world!
**On a side note, I have one and only one new years resolution this year. I am bound and determined to catch up on my scrapbooking! That is it, I figured if I just set one goal, it might be reached. I really feel if could just have one week without any interruptions, I'd get it all done, but I know that's not going to happen, so I'll just have to take this year to get it all caught up! I would love to add more to the list, but why overwhelm myself even more. This one task is stressful enough!
2 comments:
Looks like alot of fun! Your chocolate fondue spred looked better than ours! Great post!
Hey I was searching to add you as a friend on facebook, but had no luck :( will you add me as a friend?!?! i am under mindy robison blake :) Thanks Tammy!
Post a Comment