Thursday, July 29, 2010

FHE

So I have a confession that will most likely get me the "what kind of mother are you" response. But I've heard the first step is admitting it. I have never done family home evening with my family! I know, it's awful! We do a lot of things as a family, but we do not set aside time specifically every Monday night like our church so cautiously encourages. It's something I vowed to change, however I got pregnant and was sick for three months, and I just was never up to it. Feeling much better now, so hopefully it will change. But one Sunday night on our way home from dinner at the in-laws, Mike decided to take a little detour and took us to the temple. Sadly it was late and we couldn't go inside the visitors center, but could clearly see the beautiful statue of Christ. The girls loved it and recognized the face of the Savior right away! As we left Kayla being her adorable self said, "Bye Jesus" then proceeded to blow kisses his way! How cute is that! We were determined to come back the next day (Monday) and have an official FHE! Crazy as it is, we actually did it! Kylie had such a great time and enjoyed every minute of it. Kayla was a little difficult to handle, partly because she's just so rambunctious and partly because she was a little on the tired side. But regardless, it was still a great family outing and I'm so glad we took the time to take our girls to the temple they see so often from up on the Dixie rock as we drive from Hurricane to Santa Clara to see family.

I had no idea Kylie had snuck on her red belt until after I had snapped this picture. I think it actually looks kind of cute though!

Yes they're on the lawn, can you see them???

We are totally well on our way to getting our girls to the temple. We often ask Kylie where she's going to get married and she's learned to say the temple every time! She also has her future husband picked out, could you guess who that would be?? None other then her good friend Brock, the cute little boy who so graciously helped Kylie blow out her birthday candles this year! Although the choice of boy may change, (or not) I'm sure her choice of place will stay the same, at least that's what I'll be encouraging!

1 comment:

The McKims! said...

Your girls are getting so grown up!! ANd i had no idea that you were prego! why didnt i know...