~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Flowers
So Mike came home the other day with a bit of a surprise. He grabbed my hand and lead me outside were to my surprise he had purchased some flowers and potting soil along with the weed killer he originally went out for. I know August is not your typical month for planting flowers, but since when do we follow the crowd?! Mike really enjoys yard work and although our house, particularly the back yard, is in desperate need of a green thumb, we never really had the means to do much about it. So we started small. We bought pots last year when we were desperate for some life outside our home. So Mike was itching to get his hands dirty and brought home a few flowers for us to plant! Kylie picked where to plant all the flowers and was having such a great time helping her Daddy brighten up our front porch.




Kayla however was much more interested in playing in the dirt and dumping it onto the patio than actually planting the flowers.

This after Daddy got after her for making such a mess and digging up all their hard work.
Kayla actually had her head down and was looking under the wall, but she lifted up her head before I could capture it on camera.
Time to cool off! The girls LOVE water and of course when the hose is running, they will get wet! Yes Kayla did this on her own. Mike had the hose just sitting on the wall when she ran up and stuck her head under!




While I was out side I decide I'd take a picture of our new car. Not that it's anything to brag about, it's old, but still gets the job done.
I also realize I have NEVER taken a picture of my house the whole two years we've lived here! So her it is! Hopefully we'll get to stay for a while longer, but unfortunately, moving may be inevitable. :(
Kylie's favorite game lately has been 'hide-n-seek'. She'll run up to me and say, "Mommy, wanna play hide and seek? I hide, you count to three!" Why three I have no idea! When it's her turn to count, she'll count to twelve?? Anyway, while I was playing with her the other day, Daddy thought he'd pitch in and help Kylie find the best hiding spot. I walked into our closet to find Kylie sitting on the shelf!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good job on your flowers! Hopefully they last longer than ours did. And yay for a picture of your pretty new car! It totally doesn't look old. :)
flowers look awesome- and I love the girls' new hiding spot! and yay for the car!!! oh fyi- I love your side bar links;) they are awesome- someday I'll copy you and post some of them to my blog- but I checked out a few and they rock! have an awesome lovely day!:) PS your house is awesome- moving sucks bigtime-we know:/ hope all the best to you guys!!!!:)
Love your blog Tammy, such cute pictures of the girls. You're an awesome Mommy!
Love ya,
Judy
Your house is BEAUTIFUL. Not to mention your car and kids are too!
Post a Comment