Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thank-You Pioneers

I guess it's time to post our pioneer day adventures. Better late than never right? So for the 24th of July this year, we headed back to my home town to celebrate the day our ancestors settle in Utah. It was so great to go back and see everyone. Growing up, the 24th was my favorite holiday. I live in the perfect town, where the parade is kept small, yet is still so fun, and the best part is, you get to see it twice! Yep, they go down the street, than turn around and do it all over again! Awww, the joys of small town living. Everyone than gathers inside the church cultural hall, and they have a totally country program, (which I never went to as a kid, I'd run off with my friends and do who knows what). Afterwords, everyone would migrate outside where they'd have games for the little ones and the adults would sit around and chat while we all waited for lunch to be ready. This year they actually had those big bounce slides with all the water a kid could love. My kids however, did not love them. Neither one of my girls were remotely interested it them. But they still enjoyed themselves none the less. It was a great day, and I sorely miss the small town charm!

Here are some pictures I took of my girls gathering candy during the parade. The joys of having it small, means your children aren't fighting others for the goods thrown from the floats. They both pretty much took their time and gathered up plenty of candy! Kayla would pick up one, head over to Daddy who held the bag, drop it in, and than off she went in search for more goodies. It was so fun to watch them!

No comments: