After coming home, Daddy demanded to hear how her day went! He got more out of her than I did! I had to pick her up from school because I guess they won't be having quite as many kids riding the bus on Friday after school, so they'll take a van, but I have to sign some paper work before Kylie can ride. Which I just found out about today! Go figure. So while on the way home I was trying to get Kylie to tell me what she did and I had to ask 20 questions (each with the simple answer 'no') before finally finding out something about colors and how she likes blue. However, Daddy got a much more detailed version then I did!
So there you have Kylie's first day back to school. Yes I know it's early for her to start school. She's only three and in preschool. Kylie is a little bit behind on her speech, so she's in the state Head Start program. She'll go to school three days a week for two hours. However I'm a little worried/happy she won't be able to stay in much longer. When we went to meet her teachers earlier this week, they were amazed at how well she had improved over the summer! Her speech is SO much better; I can understand about 95% of everything she says, and she's learning so much! I think at her next evaluation, they may just tell me she's caught up with other kids her age and no longer needs the school. Which a big part of me would love to hear, but a small part of me really wants her to stay in preschool. She LOVES school! In fact, to try and warm her up to the idea, I told her three weeks ago school would be starting, and since than, not a day had passed where she didn't mention school! She would look out the window and tell me the bus was coming (which it was, to pick up other kids who'd already started school). She was so excited and just couldn't wait! I love that she loves it, and I know it's been so good for her to get out and socialize with other kids. I want so badly for her to catch up with other children her age, but I still want her to go to preschool. I know if she's not in this program, I won't be able to afford to send her anywhere else! If she doesn't get to continue to go, I'm worried she'll fall behind again because sadly, her mother is not a very good teacher!
3 comments:
Oh c'mon Tammy, you totally under estimate yourself! It's probably really nice that she loves school though. What a cutie!
Awwww! that's a HUGE step- PRESCHOOL! Wow! time DOES fly by! how great that you and Mike have taught her to be so well adjusted socially and that she LOVES it! Many three year olds that come to me are freaked out the first couple of weeks until they warm up to the idea- but they warm up eventually! I truly believe their is a reason everything happens- and she is in this program for a specific reason, and what a blessing that she will be able to go to preschool because of it. If you ever want any ideas of things you could do at home, let me know- I see you have some fun ideas on your sidebar but if you want actual ideas on how to present material in a certain way that makes sense to little ones, I am bubbling over with ideas:)she'll do well in this preschool though-as far as speech, most stuff works itself out by age five, even if they aren't where other kids are- if it needs a bit more work there are things you can do- my girlfriend is a speech pathologist and I've consulted with her on a couple things. This program sounds amazing though- and what a neat opportunity for her to make new friends and learn:) yea! anyhow, if you ever want any ideas or have any questions, let me know- preschool's my thang;) cute pics by the way- your girls are so cute!
Congrats on the Preschool! Nicole has been in what Idaho Calls Early Intervention Preschool. This is her 2nd year and she loves it! It helps out so much to have that social aspect and it's helped her SO MUCH. I think that it's great that you have her enrolled in pre-k.
Post a Comment